The FTC wants a disclosure on websites. So, here you go. If you read articles or other things on this website then this is happening:
- We make money from this website through ads and other means. If we don’t make money on something…shame on us.
- If you see a link leading outside of this website, it’s might be paid for. Because, let’s face it…that would be smart of us. We aren’t always that smart…but we try to be.
- Yes, that event/restaurant/conference we told you about and encouraged you to attend we may have gone to for free or been paid to promote. Ummm, yes. We don’t tell you about great stuff unless it’s free for us. Usually. That doesn’t make it any less awesome.
- Even our Facebook status’ and Twitter tweets may be making us money. Most don’t. But, some do. Put it this way…if we talk about another company then chances are pretty good we got paid. Otherwise, we’d be talking about Savvy Sites and our sister sites. Just saying.
- If you comment on our website, Facebook status, or reply to a Tweet, then don’t be surprised to see it on our website or other public posting. Just warning you. Most always we are kind and use it in a great way. But, maybe we hate your guts and will use it to embarrass you. You’ve been warned.
- You might pay us to Facebook, tweet, or review your product/event/company. This does not guarantee it will be in a positive light for you. We will do our best to communicate with you our thoughts prior to posting. If we don’t like our experience with you, you can decide if you still want us to post. No, we will not return or pay for your product/event/experience/whatever else it may be. Just make it better next time. If it were good…we wouldn’t have a problem.
The more official version…if you want to be bored:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp